You can install the theme in two ways: through WordPress or via FTP. Before you can install Okab, you need to download the necessary theme files from your ThemeForest account.
Downloading Okab Theme Files From ThemeForest
If you did not download the theme after purchase, then you will want to log into ThemeForest and go to your “Downloads” and download the “Installable WordPress file only” zip file.
How To Install Okab via WordPress
- Navigate to WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes.
- Click the ‘Add New’ button on top of the page, then the ‘Upload Theme’ button.
- If you’ve downloaded the installable WordPress file, then you do not need to unzip the file. If you’ve downloaded the Full Theme Package, you have to unzip the master “themeforest-16958600-okab-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme.zip” file, you will see the okab.zip file, this is the one you select to install.
- Click ‘Choose File’ and select the okab.zip file.
- Once the file has uploaded, to activate Okab go to WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and click the Activate button.
If you get the “Are You Sure You Want To Do This” message when installing okab.zip file via WordPress, it means you have an upload file size limit that is set by your host. If this happens, please install the theme via FTP or contact your hosting company and ask them to increase the limit.
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme or style.css missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Errors and troubleshooting
Not always this option works for you, there are some hosting companies that do not meet the suggested maximum upload file size, thus this process fails. Here are the alternatives for you: